The most advanced security available today.
Designed and tested with and by industry experts, Citizens Bank‘s state-of-the-art technologies employ the highest level of encryption, ensuring you a safe digital banking experience. But don't just take our word for it. Know that government regulators oversee all of our banking operations, including our Mobile App and Online Banking. In addition, regular internal and external audits ensure that our operations comply with best practices and the law.
Online Banking Safety
- Do not leave your computer unattended after you have signed in to Online Banking, and always log out of your Online Banking session when you are finished.
- Keep your Online Banking password private. Never give your Online Banking password to others or allow others to access your Online Banking records.
- Carefully select a password that is easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess. Memorize your password - don't write it down anywhere. Consider changing your password on a regular basis.
- Keep your operating system updated to fix vulnerabilities. Virus and malware protection programs are highly recommended. Information on supported hardware, software, and operating systems can be found on our Internet Banking Agreement.
- If you access your account information from any computer other than your own (such as your computer at work) be sure the system is private (not shared).
- Avoid accessing your account using public Wi-Fi where the security of a wireless network is unknown.
Mobile App Safety
- Consider a screen lock on your mobile device. Many mobile phones offer this option, as well as other customizable security settings, which can help keep your phone and information secure.
- Do not use your mobile device to store sensitive personal information or bank account numbers.
- Limit the amount of personal information you provide on social networking sites. The more information you post, the easier it may be for a criminal to use that information to steal your identity, access your data, or commit other crimes.
- Keep your device's operating system and browser up to date with the latest software, bug fixes, and security upgrades.
- Only download apps from trusted sources. Using apps that are fraudulent or fake leave you susceptible to malware, viruses, and a host of other issues that could easily lead to identity theft or fraudulent banking activity.