Social Media Terms and Guidelines of Use
Citizens Bank uses several social media channels to share company and community events, industry news, and other useful information – as well as to connect with our customers and the public. Your use of these channels is subject to the following terms and guidelines of use:
- We ask all users to keep confidential information confidential. Please do not share personal financial or account information via social media, as posted information is viewable to the public. Other users may use information posted on social media beyond the control of Citizens Bank.
- Any posts made on social media may be used, published, copied, or reprinted by Citizens Bank for internal or external promotional purposes.
- Citizens Bank does not endorse user-submitted material, content, or links, and the perceptions, opinions, beliefs, and attitudes expressed by users are not those of Citizens Bank.
- Citizens Bank is not responsible for, and does not endorse the content of, any third party sites linked to or from our social media channels.
- While we do engage with others on social media, that engagement does not represent an overall endorsement of a business, organization, or individual.
- We reserve the right to immediately remove, at our own discretion, any posts that are deemed abusive, profane, obscene, discriminatory, defamatory, offensive, threatening, slanderous, self-promoting (spam), or unlawful.
- Comments on threatened or actual litigation are prohibited and will be removed immediately.
- We reserve the right to block a user’s access to our social media channels for failing to comply with these terms and guidelines.
- Users agree to indemnify Citizens Bank against any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, or expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any user posts.